It’s not hard to understand why – a video can convey concepts, details, emotions and so much more than text or even an image. That’s why I like to say, “If a picture says a thousand words, a video says a million!”
The growth of video should not be surprising – they are a very effective addition to your online marketing arsenal. Don’t take my word for it – these numbers tell a compelling content marketing story:
- Having a video on the landing page of your website makes it 53% more likely to show up on the first page of a Google search. (source)
- About 46% of people say they’d be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video. (source)
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video. (source)
The numbers are also compelling in the business-to-business arena (source):
- 59% of senior executives would rather watch a video than read text.
- About 65% of those who view a video click through to visit the vendor website.
- 50% look for more information.
- 45% report that they contacted a vendor after seeing an online video ad.
- About 50% of those who viewed an online marketing video went on to make a purchase for their business.
Even with those impressive numbers however, videos work best when focused on one of four specific topics:
- How-To, and
Let’s take a closer look at each topic (including examples of each). [Read more...]